Iran has strongly condemned Israel’s continued aggression against Lebanon, including Tuesday's deadly airstrike, which killed many civilians, including a Hezbollah official and his son.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said on Tuesday night that the regime has breached the ceasefire agreement with Lebanon over 2000 times and violated the country's sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Baghaei described Israel’s aggression as a blatant violation of international law and human rights.
He said the inaction of the ceasefire guarantors in the face of Israel’s rogue behavior proves their promises lack any credibility.
He also slammed the silence of international organizations, especially the UN Security Council, on Israel’s heinous crimes in Lebanon and the occupied Palestine.
Baghaei said the US and its Western allies are complicit in Israel’s crimes, calling on regional countries to take more serious action to oppose the regime’s expansionist policy.
The Israeli military carried out a strike against a residential building in a southern suburb of the capital, Beirut, on Tuesday, killing at least four people and wounding seven others.
The Israeli military later announced in a statement that it targeted a member of the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement “who had recently directed Hamas operatives and assisted them.”
A joint statement released by the Israeli military and the regime’s so-called internal security service, Shin Bet, alleged that the aerial attack had targeted a leading Hezbollah figure in Beirut's southern suburbs.
Informed sources, however, dismissed the claim, and told al-Mayadeen TV that an ordinary member of Hezbollah had been martyred in the strike.
The Israeli airstrike marks the second such attack on a southern suburb of the Lebanese capital.
A joint statement released by the Israeli military and the regime’s so-called internal security service, Shin Bet, alleged that the aerial attack had targeted a leading Hezbollah figure in Beirut's southern suburbs.
Informed sources, however, dismissed the claim and told al-Mayadeen TV that an ordinary member of Hezbollah had been martyred in the strike.
The Israeli airstrike marks the second such attack on a southern suburb of the Lebanese capital.
After enduring substantial losses over almost 14 months of conflict and not achieving its aims in the offensive against Lebanon, Israel had no choice but to agree to a ceasefire with Hezbollah. The ceasefire was implemented on November 27.
Since the initiation of the agreement, the occupying forces have been conducting attacks on Lebanon, violating the ceasefire, which encompasses airstrikes across the Arab nation.
On January 27, Lebanon declared its decision to prolong the ceasefire with Israel until February 18.